Chicken Enchilada Skillet
The minute you sink your teeth into this your eyes will roll back in your head! It’s unforgettable & has a south of the border taste!
- 1-1/2 lb. cooked chicken, shredded (can used canned or rotisserie chicken)
- 2 bags taco seasoning mix (or make your own taco seasoning mix)
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 3 T. tomato paste
- 1 T. butter
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 c. favorite shredded cheese (I use a Mexican Blend)
- Optional garnish: green onions, sliced
- In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add the chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in tomato paste and taco seasoning mix.
- Reduce heat to Low and whisk in the sour cream until combined.
- Stir in the chicken and toss to coat. Simmer for five minutes and top with cheese. Cover skillet until cheese melts. Turn off heat and serve.
Optional: Serve with Tortilla Chips and sour cream.
For higher carb meal add 1 can of black beans.