Having ketchup on a low carb diet is tricky, because ketchup generally has a lot of sugar in it. This homemade version lightens the carb load & is a tasty substitute for my Heinz.
- 1 c. water
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 6 T. Golden Monk fruit sweetener
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- In a medium saucepan combine water, tomato paste, vinegar, sweetener & spices. Whisk to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then cover & simmer on low for 20 to 25 minutes until Ketchup thickens. If too thin, cook an extra 5 to 10 minutes more.
- You can adjust the flavor & sweetness to taste by: Adding more salt, spices & sweetener if desired.
- Allow to cool, then place in glass jar & refrigerate up to 10 days.