Why buy a jar and/or bottle of this when you can make it yourself? It’s better for you & it’s not too difficult to make. Plus, as an added benefit, there’s so many uses for it!
- 1 Egg
- 1 T. apple cider vinegar or 1 T. lemon juice or 1/2 T. of each lemon juice and Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp. prepared mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup light tasting olive oil
- Put all ingredients together in a jar. Use an immersion blender to make the mayonnaise. Put the immersion blender on the bottom of the jar & blend for 30 seconds. You will see it turning into mayo before your eyes!
- If there is still a little oil left on top, then while it is still blending, lift the immersion blender up to the top to mix in oil.
- If for some reason the mayonnaise fails, then turn that into ranch dressing by adding dill & garlic salt. Or any other spices that you like. I have taken mayonnaise that’s turned out well & turned that into ranch by adding the spices. If you want it a little thinner then cut it with some olive oil.