Easy Low Carb Taco Casserole
What a great recipe to use! This is a traditionally a high carb meal, but you’ll love it because it has way less carbs, than you thought possible! It’s also very versatile cause you can mix & match the ingredients you put into it!
Amount Per Serving:
9 net carbs
Serve with Quest Chips for 4 net carbs equal 13 net carbs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 8 oz. jar salsa
- 1 T. Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 T. butter or olive oil
- 12 oz. Cauliflower Rice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees & spray a 9×13 casserole dish with non- stick spray.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, sauté the cauliflower in 2 T. of butter (or olive oil). Season with garlic salt.
- Cook the cauliflower until it becomes soft.
- Slowly mix in the cream cheese until melted & combined (Note: It will be thick.)
- Spread your cream cheese cauliflower in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- In your skillet brown your ground beef until there is no more pink.
- Season with taco seasoning & stir in the can of Rotel.
- Spoon mixture over the cauliflower.
- Top with the shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes until heated through & the cheese begins to brown.
- Instead of making a cauliflower layer & a meat layer you can mix it all in the skillet before adding it to the casserole dish. We’ve cooked it both ways & it tastes great either way!
- If the cauliflower layer is a little too thick, try adding a little heavy cream to the mixture.