Looking for a kid-friendly main dish that you won’t even know is low carb? Try this chicken nugget recipe. It will be a family-pleaser!
- 1 chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1/2 c. pork rinds
- 1 egg
- 1 T. garlic powder
- 1/2 c. grapeseed oil for shallow frying
- Cut chicken breast into strips.
- In a bowl mix pork rinds & garlic powder.
- Taste mixture & if needed add a pinch of salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk 1 egg to make the egg wash.
- Dip the chicken strips into the egg wash and then dredge with the pork rinds to coat.
- Carefully place chicken in oil a few strips at a time and in a single layer. Cook for 5 minutes & then flip and cook 5 minutes more until done.
- Place cooked strips of chicken on paper towel to drain while you cook the rest of the chicken. Serve.
* These are great with Ranch Dressing!
Nutrition per serving: Calories 550 gr.; Fat 27 gr.; Net carbs 8 gr.; Protein 60 gr.