Can you imagine a world without Italian influences when it comes to cooking? I don’t want to! This recipe’s stunning to look at, surprisingly scrumptious & absolutely wonderful from the very first bite! Not to mention that it’s good for you!
- 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 T. of basil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Sea salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups cooked & shredded chicken
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup of Low Carb Marinara Sauce
- 7 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, basil, garlic, salt & pepper (to taste). Mix until all ingredients until they’re well combined.
- To the bowl, add the chicken, Parmesan cheese & 1/4 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese. Mix until all ingredients until they are well incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture to a large skillet or casserole dish. Pour the marinara over top & spread it out evenly across the top of the cream cheese layer.
- Layer the fresh mozzarella slices on top of the marinara sauce. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese over top & bake for 15 minutes. Or until golden brown and bubbly.
* Double the recipe to make for church or a party.
Serving size: 1/2 recipe: Calories: 420; Fat: 34g; Net Carb: 5g; Protein: 28g.